DONALDSON EXERCISE - How to be Healthy and Fit with a Good Sense of Humor

How Roryd integrates mind, body and heart in order to go life's full distance and live like an athlete. As Gypsy Boots so clearly put it, "Don't panic, go organic. Laugh your way to health." As Metallica puts it, "My lifestyle determines my deathstyle."

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

email donaldson.rory@gmail.com

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

#2 LIVING LIKE AN ATHLETE

How much exercise should this athlete get?

Roryd sez: Living like an athlete is taking me a lifetime to complete. Living like an athlete goes way beyond minimal fitness to an integration of my body, mind and heart. Living like an athlete means improvement and living as I was designed to live. I appear to have been designed to perform my best with 10.5 hours of exercise a week.

While I average over ten hours week in and week out, I don't believe this much volume is required simply to stay healthy and fit.

Less compulsive people than I could do something like:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Endurance activity mixed with accelerations, 1 hr.
Tuesday - Light Weights and Stretching 1 hr.
Wednesday - Endurance activity mixed with accelerations, 1 hr.
Thursday - Litht Weights and Stretching 1 hr.
Friday - Endurance activity mixed with accelerations, 1 hr.
Saturday - Light Weights and Stretching 1 hr.

WEEKLY TOTAL = 6 hours.

Six hours a week is a very reasonable effort, but for whatever complex reasons is not enough for me. I am an experiment of one, and I am experimenting with 10.5 hours.